Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Save A Horse, Shoot a cowboy...


What can I say about Cowboys?

What are they exactly???

Doesn't the word "Cowboy" seem strange to you?

For myself, it conjures up disgusting images of half-man/half-cow creatures. A cloven hoofed, cud-chewing man-beast with unsightly udders dangling from his filthy front-area.


That's right...FRONT-AREA!!!

I would imagine them to be gentle monsters though.


I hope that flesh-eating cows aren't that common.


That wouldn't be pleasant at all!

The word Cowboy makes me cringe a bit. What are they? Why are they? WHO are they?!

These strange individuals who have the gall to proclaim themselves "boys of the cow!"

These boot wearing, skoal chewing, wrangler jean loving, stetson smelling people who sing with irritatingly warbled vocals about dead dogs and truck-driving ex-girlfriends with revenge on there minds.

My own father has proclaimed himself a cowboy at times. He (much to my dismay) wears wranglers, owns various pairs of boots, and occasionally (and randomly!) screams, "YEE HAW!"

I find his views of being a cowboy somewhat skewed though, since he also sees himself as somewhat of a Native American.


Yep...a red-feathered Injun!


How do you call yourself a cowboy and also call yourself an Indian?

Isn't that somewhat of an oxi-moron?

If I HAD to make a guestimate of what a real, TRUE cowboy was, I would instantly picture someone fairly ANTI-native american, in the sense that...errrrrrrrr (how do i say this delicately?)...well, they KILLED most of them back in the day!

Cowboys, to me, are the guys that wrangled up the native american's and forced them into reservations. They are the guys that shut the native american's up! These are the BAD guys!!!

I personally like Native American's more then Cowboys. They are definitely an endangered species to this country called America. Isn't it funny that Native (by Miriam's standard) means:

{a local resident: especially a person who has always lived in a place, as distinguished from a visitor or a temporary resident}
or
{belonging to a particular place by birth}

Which just peeves me more about how we came about BEING...AMERICANS!!! (I am saying AMERICANS with gusto and bravado-like I am proud!)

Yet, we are JUST Americans. We are not NATIVE American's.

Most of our ancestors came here from foreign countries, hoping to find work, opportunity, freedom and CHOICE....some came because the potatoes were bad.

Woah, that got serious real fast!!!


Back on track...Cowboys.


Not a fan.


I don't really understand them. I don't like country music, I don't like Kenny Chesney or Brad Paisley and I most certainly do not like taxidermied animal heads mounted on my walls.
That said, I don't HATE them. I can't really get up enough gall to truly hate ANYONE. I can, however, find them highly annoying to look at. I can't stand the sight of them!!
Nuff said! That is my rant for the moment. Cowboys irritate me!

No comments:

Post a Comment