Wednesday, August 12, 2009

The Luck O' The Irish


Yeah, So I was just sitting here thinking about leprechauns. I have always wanted to catch one. I think it would be really fun. Especially since I am half Irish.

Well, at least I THINK I am half Irish.

No one really knows much about one part of my family, so we just SAY we are Irish.

My name pretty much defends the Irish background though.


Ryan Patrick Kelley.


I sound like I could be a member of Michael Flatley's Lord Of The Dance team. Which I could. Since I have such an amazing gift in clogging.
Of course, I would never look as amazing as Mr. Flatley, with his fantastic smile, chisled Irish Abs and of course...his FABULOUS jazz Hands. Let me just say how much I admire a man who can pull off embroidered velvet pants and headbands. That pretty much makes him the coolest man alive in my book.
Where was I headed????
Oh yeah...Leprechauns!!!
They are pretty much the awesomest little fellas you can find. Despite the fact that some UNBELIEVERS call them "mythical"....
Mythical my ass!
Those tiny guys EXIST!
TRUST ME!!!
Anyways, I was thinking of how fun it would be to actually catch one. Hopefully, I would grab onto it's pot o' gold first and then get to converse with it. Catch up on all the Irish lore that I have missed out on during my 28 years on this planet. I'm sure there are countless things a leprechaun can tell me. How to scramble up rainbows like spiderman, how to keep the buckles on my shiney leather shoes sparkley, how to deep fry shamrock. All sorts of Irishy tidbits.
I think the leprechaun could teach me a few things about Irish Jigs too.
Not as much as Flatley...but probably a decent amount. I might even show him a few pointers.
Hopefully, the Leprechaun I meet isn't too mischievious. I want it to be fun and whimsical, not Warwick Davis circa The Leprechaun horror series. I prefer my Leprechauns friendly...not hungry for my blood.
I imagine him to have a cute green outfit on, a red beard, red eyebrows, green eyes, black shoes with buckles and a crazy-wild crooked smile. :)
His name will be Mick O'Blarney.
I don't know why. I just thought of it...and I think it's great.
Anyways, we'll see what happens. If I find my leprechaun. You will be the first to know. Keep your fingers crossed and your shamrocks watered.

No comments:

Post a Comment